Skip to content

Same Sex Marriage and a Green Card

August 12, 2010

When the law changes, I wonder if in California two people of the same sex can get married and then one being an U.S. citizen can sponsor the other non-U.S. citizen for a green card.

There will probably be some crappy state/federal law obstacle.

There is always a fly in the ointment.

Stupid ointment.

  1. AVelarde permalink
    August 12, 2010 3:46 am

    I love you too, Kitty.

  2. August 12, 2010 4:03 am

    Yeah, the federal government would have to recognize the marriage in order for a non-citizen to get a green card. Much as folks froth at the mouth over foreign straight women coming over and breeding, I think they’d like foreign lesbians coming into the US even less. Sigh.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: